Wednesday 10 December 2008

Mini-dress and -5 degrees.






I've been looking through some photos at The Sartorialist (http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/), and I love how smart and elegant these people look - it looks very effortless, although I'm sure it's not... But maybe it's just a different way of thinking about dressing in Paris and Milan? For them it's all about the aesthetics. Here in Norway you have the horrible cold weather to adjust to, and it's not that easy to look effortless chic when the wind is ruining your hair, your legs are cold and your high heels are struggling with the slippery ice. Most people dress for functionality alone - trainers, woolen jumpers and big coats. It's not very inspiring... 

I've given up on dressing for the weather, really. Most of my dresses are short and thin, my jackets as well. Today I wore a mini-dress with tights and a short fake fur in -5 degrees. Ouch. I've bought some proper boots though, finally, and do have to give in to that functional, warm wollen jumper sometimes. But only when alone!

No comments: