Friday 1 August 2008

Lazy summer

I guess I have to say it: The summer and sun is making me lazy - a blog post is highly due. Seeing as I'm at work right now, I might as well do something about it. Melt fest and Berlin was pretty amazing: For me, the highlights were Robyn, Friendly Fires, Whitest Boy Alive and Adam Green. The festival was a bit disorganised, with huge delays, which meant that I missed Kissy Sell Out and Thomas Andersson. Hercules and Love Affair didn't show up, and I had to leave before Hot Chip and Bjork went on. So I was sorta just checking out bands as I went along and chilling with a bratwurst and Jackie Cola inbetween.

A few purchases were made in Berlin: Gladiator sandals from Zara (yes, I know they're so last season, but they're also so comfortable), punk zine and a book about Television (more about them later) and a short grey top from American Apparel. Didn't find that many second hand shops; I feel Berlin is a city where there are exciting things hidden behind every corner, you just gotta know where they're hidden! Will post pics of the Berlin experience later and of my pink blazer which I discovered is original Versus by Giovanni Versace (!!) Stay tuned....

No comments: